Tuesday 25 April 2017

Casual Day 1

Okay so I got the call last night asking me to come in on Wednesday. YAY! For those of you who don't know I have been on class teaching for almost 7 years straight. I have only done casual work for a couple of weeks in my second year out of university. So that is why after the stress that has built up over the years, I have decided to work casually. Too many teachers suffer burnout and I fell like it has been ages since I did the fun stuff. Now of course casual work is not easy but I feel a break from being on class is just what I need right now in my career.

I am excited to be entering other teachers classrooms and getting new ideas. Not by anyone else's fault but my own, I have kinda been in my own little teaching bubble on class. I have only been in Kinder to year 2 classrooms over the past 6 years so I am really looking forward to seeing what others do with their classrooms. I am also excited to meet new people and experience teaching many new faces.

Am I nervous??? Yes I am. Do I have everything planned. I sure hope so. I guess many of the questions I have will all be answered tomorrow. But for now to make myself feel prepared I thought I'd share what I have in my relief teaching pack as I pack them.

Which is the following:
- marking pen
- notebook (to jot down all the important things)
- daybook/diary (to record any other days I am offered)
- note from Mrs Vergara (outline of the lesson for the classroom teacher)
- guided reading recording sheets
- packs of playing cards
- USB drive of interactive presentations and games
- bell (to get the kiddos attention)
- customised stamps for marking student work
- books for various ages (the dot, fox, the true story of the three little pigs, Pearl Barley and Charlie Parsley, Charlie Cook's Favourite Book, Room on the Broom, The little Green Turtle)
- Only a Donkey (Anzac Day Book)
- Worksheets (maths, art, timefillers)
- stickers
- tickets and ticket box (for prize draw)
- prizebox
- sunglasses

I don't know what grades I am having only that I am RFF for the day so no idea if work will be allocated to me or if I just do what I have prepared. FUN!!! Okay now I am more nervous. Will post pics of work etc tomorrow and record how I go. Hopefully it all goes well and I get booked in for more days. Wish me luck!

Kind Regards,
Mrs V
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment