Saturday 28 January 2017

The Big Day Starts Tomorrow...

Excitement and nerves are rising in anticipation for tomorrow. Although I have been teaching since 2010 so I am no longer considered a beginning teacher I am looking forward to teaching Year 4 for the first time. I have previously taught Kinder (a year), Year 1 (5 years), Year 2 (a year) and a Year 5 safety net class (1 term).

I met my team on Friday and they all seem super nice and helpful. I have read the school policy document and found out I will be having the class for all of term 1. YAY!!! So to start out this blog I will be sharing my adventures with 4V.

So far I have selected Esio Trot by Roald Dahl for my first book study. I wanted something not too long for the kids to read or listen to in addition to their individual level books they will be reading in Literacy Groups. I found a unit based on a Year 3 class online and have began to combine ideas with my own. Adding cluster markers from the continuum and creating  supporting IWBs, worksheets and posters. I want to incorporate CUPS and ARMS editing as well as the Seven Steps.

I was hoping to have the unit finished by now but unfortunately I think I will have to work on it as I go. Which means I will test it out and add my experiences teaching the unit here as well.

I had a brief look in my room and so far it is clean and practically empty. Just the way I wanted to start. I will definitely be raiding the Maths shed and Sports storeroom first thing tomorrow morning. As well as bringing in my posters, etc. Hopefully the students will enjoy my getting to know you Power Point and activities. I will definitely be posting here about them. Well that's all for today so fingers crossed tomorrow runs smoothly 🤞

Kind Regards,
Mrs V

No comments:

Post a Comment